Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Day 5- Sourdough Starter


Before dividing and adding flour/water
After 24 hours the starter does not look much different.  It has definately NOT doubled in size, but is the consistency of a old pancake batter.  The pictures here are after I have cut it in half (cut is the wrong word, because I used a spoon and blobbed it out ), added another 2 1/4 cups of high gluten flour and 3 tablespoons of water. 

It is definately much thicker and doughier now, and it holds its shape.  It is supposed to be pushed down into the bottom of the container and its volume marked, so that you can witness the doubling (which apparantly does not happen in my kitchen.)

So, we will wait another 24 hours to see what happens.


After adding flour/water

Editors note:  I did throw the other half away this evening, against every fiber in my body.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment